Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Catching up..........

I haven't had time to catch up on everything so this might be a little lengthy hope you enjoy.........

I've been busy trying to get to some U.F.O.s done.  (unfinished projects)  I have many - mostly the bindings on quilts.  

Here's a Valentine one I just finished..........................



here's a closer look at the embroidery


It looks really wonky in the picture above but it's actually straight.  "just sayin'"

I finished a couple of other bindings and a label for Mia's quilt (Mia's is my younger son Austin's girlfriend)

Here's her label ......


and quilt..............................




it has bugs (she likes book / inch worms) ; and she loves our black cat brownie but is highly allergic so there's black cats in their too.


Keith had some shoulder surgery and is recovering well and for the most part life is getting back to somewhat normalcy  

(whatever that may be!)

I have progressed quite a bit on my crazy wool mat I started a year ago December on my first trip to 
Primitive Gathering with my friend Cheryl who lives in Gainesville.  


still a work in progress but I have made great progress. 

I'm also on my last embroidery block of the redwork snowmen.  I don't know if you remember those but when I finish the last one I will post.  stay tuned. LOL

I hope to get back to posting a movie and a recipe each week again starting next week.  

Last week we got to see my son from another mother - Alec.  It was so exciting.  He was in from Utah and we spent Tuesday the 13th together.  We went to dinner that night with his wonderful family as well.  In all the years I've known them the only person I have not gotten to know is Morgan.  So maybe sometime soon - I will get to meet her too.  As I posted in previous posts, Alec's sister Savannah had kidney transplant surgery with her dad "Kent" being the donor.  We've known the family since Austin and Alec were in the 3rd grade.  Alec got to pick and we went to McCormick and Schmicks.  We all love fish and seafood.  



Savannah is such a beautiful young lady and so sweet.  She's working on her first quilt and I can't wait to see it done.  (Don't forget Savannah I'm here to help if you want it)


Alec ordered Key Lime Pie for dessert and Austin ordered Mud Pie.  This was a moment of 
"OK, mine is way smaller" - Alec....and Austin having a rare moment of ice cream.  
It was a long over due get together we hope to do more often. 

I've planned some trips over the next few months and look forward to seeing friends and family.  

February I'm off to San Antonio for my first time to see my friend Marilyn.  I miss her tons!!! She's coming here in April so we can go to a Kim Diehl class ( a quilt designer) in Greensboro. 

April/May - the last weekend going to Williamsburg to a Cross Stitch retreat with my sister Randi and see her new home.  

July - Off to Wisconsin to see my friends I've made there. 
And maybe a trip to Hershey for the quilt show.  

October - Marilyn in to visit

Jan 2016 - hoping to go to Road to California with Cheryl who I hope to see before then...YIKES

February 2016 - Cruising with Marilyn on a Wool stitching quilt retreat with Lisa Bongean from Primitive Gatherings and Stacey Nash West from Buttermilk Basin. 

Again, glad holidays over and back to some girly time with my Thursday stitching group and my "special" group.  Also getting back into my time at Sharon Stewart's from Liberty Rose.  

Inbetween I'm hoping to plan some time to see family in Florida (not over the summer - it's too hot); see Sydney at UVA (poor thing has now got the flu); a trip to maybe see Sarah in Boston, never been there. And to see my Aunt and Uncle in Vermont.  

That should catch you all up for now.  I'm sure I forgot something and I hope I haven't lost my few followers. I hope to get more on track posting. Who knows.....maybe even another give away. 


hugssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Stacey








No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...