Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Catching Up Time

Hi everyone I know I know I said weekly well if you know me things never go as scheduled. So since I last posted I've gone public with My New Journey. On Dec 21 I had gastric bypas surgery at the request of my cardiologist.  It has had it's up and downs adjusting but I feel great now almost 2 months post op and 34 lbs lighter.  I have a long way to go but just eating healthier has made me feel so much better.  I haven't reached the 10 thousand steps on my fit bit yet but have reach 9 thousand.  In the begining I only did 2 to 3 thousand.  

I just returned Saturday from a stitching cruise with my BFF Marilyn.  We had a great time with Lisa Bongean and her hubby Nick from Primitive Gatherings; Stacy West from Buttermilk Basin; Pam Buda; and the ladies from the Old Green Cupboard.  (Those that don't stitch sorry I know those names mean nothing to you).  Lisa and Stacy taught classes while we were at sea for 3 days.  

The day before we left we flew into Ft. Lauderdale where Marilyn met with an old friend "Candie" who she hadn't seen in 42 years.  I have to be honest I thought it would have been awkward but we sat and talked for 4 hours at dinner.  

Our first port was the Bahamas - Marilyn and I had a rest day and stayed on the ship.  We didn't even leave the cabin until after noon.  But it was great.  

The next day was class with Lisa in the morning and Stacy in the afternoon.  I actually finished the top of this pillow that holds my sewing scissors and has a needle keeper under the wing by Lisa Bongean and started the snowman toweling pillow with Stacy in the afternoon.  




Below is Stacy's sample I have not finished this yet.......







Our next Port was St. Thomas and those that are on facebook saw the bling we got.  We had lunch at a local restaurant and the food was amazing.  We couldn't have asked for better weather either.  Marilyn bought herself a beautiful amethyst ring and I helped Keith by buying myself a multicolor saphire ring.  



On the way back to the ship we came across this Iguana- she had babies on the rock according to another passenger but we couldn't find them.


Our first towel animal was an elephant - we only had three all week this is one we were trying to figure out what it was supposed to be? A bunny?  A dog?  Not sure. 


Day 4 we were in St. Maarten - we got some last minute gifts but best of all 



We enjoyed the shows which as many times as I have sailed with my family have not seen for the most part because by the time we are done with dinner it's late.  Marilyn and I also attended (did NOT participate) Karaoke. There were some that needed the 
hook but I give them credit for going up there.  

There were some interesting groups on board one was called Grown and Sexy.  They were actually a nice group of men and woman.  They had different themes every night and it was great to see their costumes. Patriotic, 50's with Poodle skirts, Flight Attendent, etc...
Some were out of control and we'll just leave it at that. 

One night there was 70's disco night on the promenade on the ship - They did the YMCA, soul train, funky town, there were couples that brought costumes onboard for the event. 


We met some really nice women from Ohio and Georgia.  We dined with them at night and we all shared our stories of the day.  One of the ladies , Debbie, won the grand prize from Lisa and Stacy of a completed quilt they did as a Block of the Month.  
This is the best picture I can find prequilted online....


(on my to do list) 

I ended the last day of the cruise with one more beautiful gift from my husband.  My first jewelry from Tiffany's.  




I so enjoyed my time with Marilyn and miss her already.  I am happy to be back home and back in my own environment.  Even though I caught "the crud" from being away.  I had to go to the doctor on Tuesday to find out I had an ear/sinus infection.  But I'm not alone.  

Sunday we had Valentine brunch with the kids and my hubby was very creative 


Hope everyone had a great weekend and Valentine's Day. 

I also posted on FB my recipe for Cauliflower Fried Rice you can use chicken or shrimp.  Note:  The only thing that goes in crockpot is the chicken if you choose to cook a whole chicken.  Read through the entire directions before making. 
Ingredients:

Frozen Rice Cauliflower from Trader Joe's (in freezer section in bag by frozen vegetables)
1 tbsp. of smart balance butter
1 egg per 1/2 bag
green onion, chopped
frozen peas (1/4 c per 1/2 bag)
soy sauce - low sodium
Chicken (rotissiere, baked, I used a whole chicken I cooked in crockpot with carrots, 1 onion and fresh rosemary) OR shrimp cooked

1.Take non-stick pan and put frozen rice cauliflower in pan so it's a single layer. Cook on Med to medium    high heat. Do not keep stirring it - let it cook for a little bit (let it sit untouched for about 2 or 3 minutes        then give it a light stir - shake pan to make it single layer again and repeated until done.) It should look      like rice. Once done pour it onto a plate and let it cool.
2.Scramble/Beat egg in a bowl or cup; place 1/2 tbsp of Smart Balance butter in same pan you cooked        rice and heat - add egg and scramble into pieces as desired until cooked. Set aside in bowl or dish.
3. In same pan add remaining 1/2 tbps of smart balance butter and cook green onion with Peas (I added       peas frozen). 
4. Once Peas are hot add rice, egg and chicken . Stir and then add soy sauce until you get taste you             want. Soy Sauce is salty so I wouldn't add salt unless you want it when your done cooking. Add a little     at a time.
If you don't use it all it does freeze and refrigerate well.



ENJOY!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...