Sunday, February 28, 2016

Wow.........Almost March

Wow........I can't believe it's almost March.  Time is flying.  I just got back from having a great time in Hampton, Va at the Mancuso Quilt Show.  I got to visit with my friend Mary who lives in Delaware, Lisa from Primitive Gatherings and had the opportunity to get to know Al and Kayle from PG as well.  (Primitive Gathering=PG).  I went up Wednesday and got in just before the horrible Tornado Warnings started.  At one point everyone in the atrium of the Embassy Suites started beeping at the same time with alerts.  It was crazy.  Thursday I had lunch with Randi and also had a quick visit with one of my buddies I met through my sister - Mary Jane.  

I took some pictures of the quilts I liked at the show............

Picture of someone's dog made into an Applique Quilt - so cute

Plain but I liked the layout 


Dresden Quilt is on my list of quilts I'd like to do. 


30's fabrics - again thought it was a cool layout


Crazy quilt in 30's fabrics


Beautiful applique quilt


Caught my eye- liked the yellow background


"O" is for Owl......cute


This fascinated me - the woman painted the horse on the fabric...
5000 hours.  Then embellished with thread. 


then quilted.  I can't believe it didn't win an award. 



This is the back of the quilt below.  You can see all the quilting.


Great workmanship.




Silk Fabric quilted.


Beautiful workmanship



Also on silk fabric - beautiful



Vibrant
 


A lot of hand embroidery than quilted by machine



This quit is known as Dear Jane.  



The Person hand quilted the entire quilt. 


This is a quilt that was on one of the groups I belong to on Facebook.  The woman has no pattern just creates these 3D quilts.  It was even more amazing in person. 


I don't know these people.  They chose to step in front of the quilt just as I snapped picture. 
Very Pretty and Simple


Cute Bird Quilt 


Applique Quilt that caught my eye


Close up of centeer



Baltimore Liberty  - On my bucket list. 



Another Beautiful Applique Quilt


The stitching in this quilt was amazing.  There are a few close up shots below.......








I had to leave Saturday morning to get back in time for tickets I bought us, Rachel, Justin, Mia and Austin for the Broadway Play - The Lion King at DPAC.  (Durham Performing Arts Center).  We did enjoy it but for what I paid for the tickets, I was pretty disappointed where we were.  It was rather misleading.  We were second row back to the left and the view for a lot of the play for me was the stack of speakers on the stage. I saw the play with my Aunt Irene and my sister Pam back in 2011 so I had seen it before.  But I WILL be making a call to DPAC for whatever it's worth tomorrow.  

This week will be trying to get caught up and complete some things for the wedding so I don't have them hanging over me.  I am good at procrastinating and it always bites me in the butt!

Ta ta for now.....

Hugs..............
Stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...