Thursday, June 8, 2017

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR MAKES!!!

So I knew it had been a long time but not this long........more than a year!  So I'm going to go month to month to bring it all together!

March 2016

Plans for the wedding were well on their way. Invitations being made, addressed and sent as well as final preparations for both the rehearsal dinner and Wedding.  
The rehearsal dinner invite

The inside 
(sorry will take too long to edit )


RSVP Card


My sister Randi and I attended the Prim Society Retreat (cross stitch in Atlanta) 


This is the top of the gift I made for the exchange

I placed it on top of a wood flip top box painted black

tied it with a ribbon and the sunflower is a Needle keep (it's magnetic and 
holds your needle while stitching.)


                        In the Van on our way!!


Then Keith and I headed to Florida for my sister in law Kimberly's 50th birthday.  We surprised her. 

April 2016

Took a trip to San Antonio to visit Marilyn


Miss Addisson showing her treasures...

Her cooking outfit......

A handbag Marilyn and I made together....

Side pocket

Back View


Went Charlottesville to Celebrate my niece Sydney's 21st birthday ....


On the grounds of UVA

Her gift 


The card (blahblah)

The Cute Couple (Doug and Syd)

The Birthday Girl!

Bought my dress for the wedding

Hit my 50lb weight loss.....





Got my hat for Rachel's Bridal Shower Tea....


May 2016

The Chupa Went to Cathy Kirk 

for quilting


Had Rachel's Bridal Shower at Umstead in Cary, NC


Adele made this beautiful mirror...


And the "Larson at Last"  


Rachel and her friend Beth Hood

The Tea Cakes

The Salad Bar with Rachel

Opening presents...


Hand Painted flutes for the ceremony


A basket of gifts


Rachel in her Toilet Paper dress


Happy kick

Adele with Rachel's paper bouquet. 

June 2016

THE BIG MONTH

June 18 - Wedding Day

The weather was perfect, The Beautiful Bride (Rachel) was beyond gorgeous, and the day couldn't have been better.  From the rehearsal dinner through the wedding. 





 Then off to mani/pedi for all

before heading to the outerbanks.


Marissa went with the 4th of July theme...


Red/Blue


Beachy theme on her toes...flowers  and gold
 

Sister in law, Kimberly getting her manicure

My sister in law Laura and her husband came as well.  Jay loves Krispy Kreme so we went to the old one in downtown Raleigh, at the outerbanks we went and saw the wild horses on the beach. 






Then off to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota



The street fair in gorgeous weather....


quaint shops


Keith enjoying some Prime Rib

best part- Diagnosed properly. 

July 2016

ROAD TRIP TO HERSHEY, PA QUILT SHOW...


Thelma and Louise in an elevator escapade..


Mary, Amy, Marilyn and I at Hershey


Look what I found!!!

Quick picture before we go!




I can do this!!! 


The best find!!!

August 2016
                        Visit to Cold Moon Farm!
                    

This price was per pound! Yes per pound.

The man in the produce department said people were paying over $30 for a watermelon.


I love this place.......




The vegetable gardens....

The pasture....

The back balcony view...


A visit with my Aunt and Uncle to the 
Restaurant Depot
Yellow Jackets to keep from freezing!



A couple of years ago I found this sewing machine with accessories for $5 at a yard sale in Manchester, VT for my Aunt.....


We finally had time to work on it. 




Her first Rag Quilt with flannels


Accessories that came with the machine.


Tada!!! Done



While I was there my Aunt gave me my grandmother's old dishes.  My treasure.


Love this woman and my uncle too!


I enjoyed time with Sarah. I met her husband and 
step - daughter.



She's so much fun to be around. 





Spent some time with Syd and Randi in Williamsburg...



And went to Adele's bridal shower...






I also started on a bowling league after not having bowled in over 25 years.



September 2016

We took a trip to Disney to celebrate Halloween with Marissa, Kimberly, Marion and Nanni/Nana Daryl....




Husband humor in the gift shop at the 
Wilderness Lodge


Let the fun begin.....


Joining in the fun I decided to get my face painted...


My little princess Marissa riding with me playing laser tag 
on the Buzz Lightyear ride......

...

My mother in law rode with Keith she can barley see but played along...

'
Flower Power











We had a blast.  We ended our day bowling in downtown Disney.





The whole gang












Wedding #2
Quinn and Adele







November 2016



 Went to Quilt Festival after Quilt Market in Houston, Texas with Marilyn
We took a basket weaving class.........













Look Honey I bought a long arm.......JUST KIDDING!

We had Thanksgiving at our house with the Berkowitz, Meinel, Yao (Quinn and Adele) family and Gabbie.


December 2016

What a busy month........

I started my month at the Primitive Gatherings Retreat Center with my Wisconsin family.  I always love spending time with them....Lot of fun and laughter along with amazing food.  





Made a bag for Amy


Saw some snow

Wouldn't be Wisconsin without cheese curds and Cow Pie


Back from Wisconsin on Sunday and Wednesday 
flew to Puerto Rico to meet up with Les and Annette for a Cruise.........





Got back and tried to find a real Christmas Tree but nope we were too late.......
So thank God for Amazon!!!



Went to dinner one night and rode next to this cab.....


Surprised Syd on Christmas Day with Doug arriving....


Keith got a bigger towel from Marilyn's loom. 



January 2017

BIRTHDAY, BOWLING AND BAKING...........

BAKED Cinnamon Rolls, Empanadas and Donuts (Fried those)





BOWLING


BIRTHDAY - 


We celebrated Gabbie's Birthday at an Indian Restaurant 


Everyone enjoyed.

February 2017


Went to the Mancuso Quilt Show in Hampton, VA.  Helped Lisa from Prim Gatherings as well as Amy and Al and enjoyed time with them and Mary.
The only pictures I could find is my amazing Steam Station .....

Lisa's Liberty Quilt that I am doing as a block of the month...


And Lisa in front of one of her quilts....


Another Kit I haven't started but love!!


***********************************

I went for the first and LAST time to Waffle House aka awful waffle....

SO GROSS!!! NEVER AGAIN

**************************

My friend Joyce finished her Harry Potter Quilt that was all paper piecing. 
It came out amazing. 



And we celebrated Sharon Stewart's 60th.



March 2017

                           We celebrated my friend Nancy's birthday 


She's an amazing quilter.  If you zoom in you can see this is all English Paper Piecing....for those that don't know what that is, they are pieces of paper in various shapes that are covered in fabric, the template is removed and the each piece is sewn together. 
Another amazing job Nancy!




Went to Staples and this goose was parked on this car....

I threw him some crumbs but nope he wasn't moving. 

**************************************

I signed a contract for the SecondxTreasures Craft Consignment Sale in September at Hope Chapel in Apex. 


For more info go to 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/274551819636422/?ref=bookmarks

or email me at secondxtreasures@gmail.com



Here's a view of the room
obviously the chairs will not be there.


*************************************

I found a nest in my herbs...........




*****************************

Made a visit to San Antonio

Found this awesome Starbucks tote in the airport



Bluebells

Went Quilt, Cross Stitch and Antiquing with Marilyn and a mutual friend.





April 2017

Florida bound for Marissa's First Communion








Took Keith's mom who can't see to Target.  
We needed to get in and out so we set her in the kiddie cart.

We spent some time at the pool with Tayden, Erica and Aunt Laura.

Uncle Keith brought lots of candy -
Tayden decided to eat the huge tootsie roll.


Then s'mores at the poolside.


Keith and I on First Communion Day.


May 2017

BUSY BUSY BUSY BUSY.....MONTH!!!!

P.S.S. (Prim Stitch Society Retreat) - Columbus, OH

Randi (my older sister in Virginia) and I go each year to our extended Prim Society Retreat..  it's so amazing.  It's like a yearly reunion.  We thought next year was going to be the last year but they surprised us with 3 more years. Wahoooo.....

My exchange gift to a participant... 




One of the attendees' sister made these for all of us. 



My stitching / walking / b**ching buddy



Miss Jan from San Antonio - another buddy


Miss Joyce - San Antonio buddy


Beth


Sister Randi


The Exchange gift I received.

**************************

Then Austin's girlfriend Gabbie graduated from NCSU and is headed to Minnesota for their DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) and PhD program. 



*********************************

Then Sydney's Graduation Celebration Weekend


At the Winery #1


Selfie - Keith peaking in



The Arbor together at Winery #1




Then To Hard Cider 


Dinner Downtown




Congrats Syd!!!

*******************************



For Mother's Day I got......... 



This Cutie.........


Tucker Cole

He is a lab/Shepherd mix 

Such a good boy!
Sits; potty trained, shakes his paw and lays down.
****************************************************

We also closed on our lot in Crooked Creek!

The permit is up!


************************************************

I joined project produce - Austin and GAbbie already belonged but because they left to find a house in Minnesota I had an abundance of veggies........
so...................I had to get creative!


Stuffed Peppers with Rice and Broccoli; 
Banana choc chip scones.......


Zucchini Bread


Stuffed Zucchini


Yellow Squash Fritters, and more.

AND Finally June................

We just got back from Maryland helping a friend get their condo fixed up to put on the market.  Wow....seeing how the renter's lived is really scary and sad. 

I started Summer Bowling (actually May 24) and working on my skills for the fall.  I am in a tournament for bowling this weekend - this should be interesting. I am working full speed ahead on the consignment sale. 

So I will work on updating this weekly if not every other week. 

I'll try to post some recipes next post. Hugs for now..........Stacey













































No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...