Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Happy Wednesday- half way there!!

Good morning - we are 1/2 way through the year- where oh where did time go?????????????????
We are 1/2 way through the week.

The summer will be flying (which I'm totally ok with considering the humidity has been horrible).  Today is gloomy in NC where we are, outside of Raleigh, but we are at least 66 degrees with less humidity.


The Bunnies having been running around and dodging Piper - Crystal could care less. She's my older dog.  But Piper can use the exercise and they do run her around the yard. 

I baby sat Anabelle, Mia's new puppy last night and she too gave Piper a run for her money.  But she did good.  Anabelle only had a couple of accidents, and is learning to share but played nicely.  Crystal had to give her the growl warning of I'm too old for this nonsense and then she didn't bother her anymore.  (Mia is my younger son's girlfriend)


In 2 weeks I get the grand-dog Holly back for 2 1/2 weeks but not minding a bit  She's grown up a lot and does really well.  So the zoo continues.  

Sunday Keith put up my new Bird house from Williamsburg I bought in April.  I haven't seen any birds on it yet but hopefully they'll start to feed off of it.  It looks great though.  

  

I'm not sure whether to stain or paint the pole. Opinions?????

Then our mama bird who comes every year to visit and live in this tiny bird house I keep forgetting to move in the winter made her nest again and the sound of babies comes from the box every afternoon.  Its so small we can't see in the hole.  She flies in and out of it though.  Last summer my niece Sydney was visiting and I heard her screaming from upstairs.  I flew up there (no pun intended) and there was the bird sitting on the shower rod staring at her in the mirror.  We got her out without injury but she's been in the house multiple times so this winter I definitely need to relocate the box. 


My "piece" of lilac bush that some friends shared is growing nicely and I'm leaving in a post until the new home is done.  I want it to transplant permanently there. 


I'm going to move it from the little pot to the big one. 

And I've started the pumpkin plants to plant our pumpkin patch for the fall.  Last year was a bust but the year before we took over part of our yard and our neighbors yard.  It was truly like a Charlie Brown's pumpkin patch.  


I'll keep you updated on the progress.  I'm hoping to get some other vegetables planted this weekend. 

*******************************************************************************

Here are a couple of Facebook posts I made that those that are NOT on Facebook may enjoy.  



These goats are not at Cold Moon Farm - it was a video Rachel found and shared that's really cute.  


Why Quits are so expensive - if not made in some far away land or by a factory- this is what it minimally costs - The "qulting" cost listed is way under priced.  Then factor in Labor.  So cherish the ones you have and embrace the ones you get.  The work and love put into them is PRICELESS.

After being married for 27 years and with my husband for over 30 ; 2 boys...I have no clue how to tie a tie.  Hope you find this as helpful as I did...................













And that comes from the other's NOT paying attention to the road!

******************************************************************************

I'm also having a thirty virtual (catalog) party I will be closing it on the 15th of June.  Click on the following link if you are interested and shop .  Be sure to check out sales section



And last but not least...................here's a recipe. 

Homemade Ricotta cheese

1 gallon of Pasteurized Milk
 (do not use ultra- pasteurized is the gallon container in the plastic)
1/4 c Apple Cider vinegar
3 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
candy thermometer 
cheese cloth 
(the kind that is like fabric works best but you can double up on the cheaper kind with a strainer)


  1. Bring Milk to 195 degrees 
                If done on the stove keep an eye on it so it doesn't scald (burn)
                You can also do in a large bowl (be sure bowl large so it doesn't boil over)
  1. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar 
  2. Let sit for a while to allow the curds separate from the whey. 
  3. while it's separating place cheese cloth in strainer.  I save the whey to use in making bread. If you want to save then place strainer over a large pot or bowl to reserve otherwise just strain into the sink.
  4. Pour curds and whey over cheese cloth/strainer - The longer you strain the dryer the cheese. The recommended time is 1 minute.
  5. Once strained add butter and baking soda mix well 
  6. ENJOY
You'll never eat store bought again.

Have a great day- 

Stacey










No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...