Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter/Passover! and ROUND TWO - IT'S BACK!

Good morning everyone -

Happy Easter.........................


I bought myself some flowers at Publix in Cary.  Keith bought me the Sunflowers.  Mia and Austin are coming for dinner tonight.


Happy Passover..........................................



Both holidays this year are coming and going quickly without much celebration.  I did make some Mandel Bread.  I bought Passover ingredients for baking in San Antonio at H.E.B.  They had a large selection.  However, it didn't pan out for all of my family so I chose not to make everything.  I shared the Mandel Bread (which is like a cake/cookie biscotti) - my grandparents made some with chocolate chips, cherries and nuts, and some with just chocolate chips.  It's topped with cinnamon and sugar.  I chose to make tht because it reminded me most of my grandparents. Nanny loved her Mandel Bread no matter what time of year it was.  I hope to have our house done by next year so I can have a sedar with my friends and family. 

Wishing everyone a blessed holiday.

****************************************************************************

It's been busy busy.  I'm getting ready for my visit from Marilyn - she arrives for 10 days on the 14th. We are headed to Greensboro that weekend for a class with Kim Diehl.  So much planned together that the time will fly by too quickly.  Then the following weekend (4/30 - 5/2) headed to Wiliamsburg for a cross stitch retreat and visit with my Va. buddy Mary Jane and sister Randi.  

Keith was released by the Orthopedic but was told if his shoulder keeps clicking and he is still having clicking in his shoulder, that the Dr. might have to go back in and remove extra bone. I can't see him doing it unless the pain or shoulder becomes a huge problem. 

I've been enjoying my Monday Mah Jongg group - I even got my own set.  Randi's learning too so we'll be playing when I get there in April.   It's not an OLD LADY game.  Justin, Rachel, Quinn and Adele are even playing.  Before I learned.  It's fun. 



Next week I'm going to a Rag Quilt class.  Here's a stack a 81 pieces of batting cut and ready to go. 



AND...................................

IT'S BACK!


It's not a pepperoni this time.  I bought Keith some Italian Sausage and he decided to try and dry this out now. OY!.  The little dots in the bowl are grease from the stuff.  Kelly my cleaner comes on the 12th and it better be done by then or It's going to disappear.  

This week's goal is to get all my "crap" put up.  I will take pics.  If i get enough courage - I wil take a picture of one of the rooms I have not started before I take it apart today.  I truly don't have enough room to put all of it.  


I need to get sewing!!!!!!! 

I finished my cross stitch piece for the Cross Stitch Primitive Society Retreat in Williamsburg.  

I had to do it twice.  I hated the first one after i did the house It was on linen and I couldn't see the holes.  Ugh!!!!! So here's the second one before tea staining...........


we are going to learn how to make into pouches.  


I will post when completed.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Note:  In May- (I was supposed to get this done in March - Sorry Savannah)

I will be making mug rugs to support Savannah with COTA - an organization that is helping to  raise funds for her kidney transplant.  ALL proceeds will be going to help Savannah and her medical needs.  

F.Y.I. - a mug rug is like a placemat but smaller.  It is used to hold a cup/mug and sometimes big enough for a snack. 

Well off to get stuff done!

Happy Sunday everyone!!!!

Love to all. 

Stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...