Monday, September 1, 2014

In the beginning....................


I decided to start a blog today - My Place and Times.  A place without political or religous views.  Just a place to share great things.  Ideas, recipes, pictures and more. This is also a place for friends and families to keep up without social media. 
So grab a coffee, a tea or something comforting and see what's happening in My Place and Times.......



So here's a little about me.  My name is Stacey Larson.  I am in my early 50's and a mom of 2 wonderful boys.  (Men now)  - Wow weird to say. Where did time go. 

My oldes son got engaged in May to an amazing young lady...Justin and Rachel's special moment. (Note:  she's tapping her hand assuming he's trying to locate his camera "again")


Austin is a college student and is doing great.  


(above is him and his sweet girlfriend Mia at one of our favorite Chinese Restaurants..Banana Leaf in Cary, NC. 



For those of you with little ones, embrace the moment. I speak from experieince - Time DOES Fly! I am married to a man I've known and loved most of my life.  (34 years).  He works hard, a bit too hard - Just sayin' - but I can't complain..........
He does know how to be "silly" 

(Keith with a huge ball at HT in Kitty Hawk- We bought this extremely large beach ball for Rachel but it ended up raining all weekend.)


We have 3 cats, 2 dogs and a guinea pig. I also have a gran-dog "Holly" and a gran-cat "Leo".  I'm known at times as Mrs. Doolittle.  I wear it proudly. I love to stitch and create. I make wool projects, quilt, scrapbook, felt,  and do other crafts but my passion is quiltingand wool applique. 

Meet Piper, 9 1/2 years old....she has two speeds Fast and Stop.  But she is very loving except for my husband.  They have a huge love hate relationship.  She's the one in the purple bed. Part mini-pin and part jack russel.  Yes quite the combo. 
The other sweet girl is Crystal.  She's 13 1/2 and has always been a precious dog. She's showing her age but gets a bit of a spunk when she has her stuffed piggy. 

Then there's Garfield



He likes to hang out in Mollie the guinea pig's cage.  She's not fond of the the 25lb. cat in her space but he doesn't seem to care. 

Then there's Sparkle and Brownie. Yes Brownie is black but that is what we chose for her. My husband calls her cow because we had to put a cowbell on her when she was little to find her. Here she is squeezed into a small box. Snug as a bug in a rug. :) 

 Sparkle was adopted with Brownie "no one wanted to adopt her because she only had one eye" She is truly the most human and sweetest cat; she's also smart as a whip.  


And of course I have to show the Gran-cat - Leo


and the gran-dog
Lil' Miss Holly with Rachel. 








3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're doing a blog. How funny are you!!! Why didn't you just update mine?!! Just sayin'!!! I know you're going to have a blast with this and I can't wait to see your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mazel Tov, sweetie! Wishing you the best as you start your blogging journey. Where will you find the time? I can't even keep up with my texts and e-mails! Just sayin'! Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be a great blogger....just sayin!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...