Monday, December 29, 2014

Important things to know so you don't literally go POSTAL!

ok, So based on the title of this post I'm going to go with that calamity first. I had two boxes that were late getting to Florida family.  I finally got them wrapped and boxed - taped and labeled and off to post office. HOWEVER........................I'm 51, and I'm not perfect but I'd love to hear feedback as to whether anyone else new this.........

I wait in line with many others along with a lady that had two little girls apparently running on sugar and get to the counter. No hello, no how are you - the postal lady says - "Uh first off- you can't use that box" so I look at the two boxes and then look at her like "HUH?"- She then apparently picks up on the "huh" thought and says- "You can't ship in a box from alcohol" - I look at her with the "are you freaking kidding me look" and she said "you can wrap in brown paper and bring back but I can't take the box." If I could shoot bullets from my eyes they would have killed her but instead I asked if a marker or postal stickers would work. "NOPE". so........................I sent the one package and went to the car.  Now mind you of course it's raining. However, because this box was going out no matter what I had to do, I had to quickly get creative.  I unsealed the box-turned it inside out-taped it back up and marched back into the post office with an "I will show you attitude". So I continue to WAIT in line again - even though she saw me return and could have said she was just here but WHATEVER...I get back to the same postal person I had originally (mind you I was gone maybe - 5 minutes) and she says "Oh, did you find another box?"  Yup, I went to the garbage outside - scooped a box and it was exactly the same size. Amazing huh. That would have been my smart ass answer but I said - NOPE, I turned the box inside out - Now you should be able to take it. I was waiting for a NO and then I would have lost it but she instead said "Wow, that was really smart" - OMG.................you would have thought I performed brain surgery. So I went on to tell her it would be smart of the POST OFFICE to let people know they can't take boxes that have alcohol verbage on it. I got lip service, paid my postage and left. So................Lesson #1- don't use a box that has any kind of alchohol on it.

Another lesson - I purchased a gift for someone from Zulily  link to Zulily - the item didn't fit so I went online to find out how to make the return.........well guess what - they are a final sale site.  Doesn't say it anywhere but it is.  The representative was nice and gave me a credit for the item and told me to donate it.  So..................if you didn't know - Zulily does NOT take returns. ALL SALES FINAL.

Happy Monday-

I did have a nice morning with Rachel - my soon to be Daughter In Law and Holly my grand dog.

Now off to plan and prepare for Austin's New Year's Eve get together.

Later -   Me

1 comment:

  1. So sorry, you had to learn the hard way...I learned this many years ago in Fl...forgot and did it againHere In NC. Like we would mail liquor! I' m Irish, I would drink it! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...