Sunday, November 30, 2014

After Thanksgiving Recovery..................

Hi everyone- I don't know about y'all but I'm stuffed more than the Turkey. We had a great time on Thanksgiving. We got most of the cooking done on Wednesday so all that was left was the Turkey to go in the oven; green bean casserole and potatoes.

Justin was going to bring home the Grankitty but.....................


no no I won't go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He thought he was hiding.  The brakes came on so he stayed home. 


Table was set and dinner was on table by 8p - I know that might seem late to most but in our house it is considered early.  Everything was very yummy.  It was Keith, myself, Justin and Rachel, Austin, Quinn and Adele and my mother in law.  We cleaned the table after dinner and started a new tradition in our family.  An old tradition from Keith's family.  We played poker.  We had a lot of fun and laughs and Adele and Rachel were the big winners.

Friday, Rachel, my mother in law - Daryl and I went to the big craft show at the NC State Fairground, A Christmas Carousel.  It was very crowded.  But I found some great things.  We got Holly an ECU neckachief; we got some homemade dog biscuits, and here are some of the treasures I found. I also got a few things for the tree and stockings.

It's an old suitcase painted on front. 

He was very white........I think he needs a little more shmutzing- walnut stain!

Handmade Raggedy Ann - Sarah

Her name is Amy

cute snowman on stand

This tree lights up and in all the holes go different color bulbs.  They remind me of light brite pegs. I bought this for Keith.  Him mom had one similar growing up. I will repost when completed. 


Friday we celebrated dinner with Rachel (Justin's fiance) and her family for Justin's Master's program graduation and entry into the PhD program at UNCG. We all went to the Aviator in Fuquay - we had a very nice evening.

Saturday we had an after Thanksgiving Day Yard Sale and didn't do too bad.  It wasn't a total flop- Garage rid of Yard sale boxes, we got some cash and had a fun morning.

Hope everyone is now home safe and sound and now to get ready for Round 2! Christmas and Chanukah!.......................................


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...