Saturday, December 27, 2014

Happy Saturday...Christmas in Review

Good morning - grab a hot cocoa, a tea, some coffee or a hot tottie - here's our last few days ............

BUT FIRST.................GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NCSU won their Bowl Game last night. WTG!

Okay back to Christmas.........

Sydney made over 100 rice krispy sushi 






So we started Wed, Christmas Eve with a trip to the Apple Store to get Syd's (my niece) Mac Pro fixed.  We were there for an 11:15 am appointment.  We were not there very long, the gentleman helping us was very helpful and pleasant to deal with and we were on our way. Keith was meeting us for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory so Syd and I went to a few stores before meeting him.We went to a store (new to us) and found a Giraffe for Rachel and a theater mask for Mia. We then went to Macy's and found a sweater for my sister.  I have to say, considering it was Christmas Eve everyone was friendly.  Keith called and said he was on his way so we went to Cheesecake Factory to get a table.  Amazingly - no wait. We told Keith to look for the Giraffe.  The Giraffe was peeking into the booth next to us.....



Syd standing next to the really tall Giraffes in the store. 


Our medium Giraffe watching for Keith. 

It was rather humerous.  Keith arrived we had lunch, I left Syd and Keith to do their annual Christmas adventure and went to take care of my last minute shopping. I ended up picking up Randi on the way to Target and to get bagels and let Jan her husband in the house.  We came home, unloaded, got dinner prepped and I began to wrap gifts.  Now I don't know how it happens but EVERY year it's a wrapping until 3 a.m. event. I did have three little eleves that helped me wrap aka - Adele, Rachel and Syd.  In the meantime, Austin and Mia showed up with the "Ugly Christmas Sweaters" that they made which seems to have been the "thing" this year.  


We had Lasagna and Shrimp Scampi with Rice, Spinach Salad, Cannolis, Tiramisu, Mollasses cookies, Snickerdoodle Cookies, Rice Krispy Treat Sushi - major food overload. 




Syd made ALOT!
Randi was assigned the present presenter.........


Syd, Mia and Rachel had matching jammies for Christmas Eve...........


Rachel was very happy with her Giraffes and minons along with her other presents.........



Holly came to help - 

Trixie kept stealing the pig rolls and teasing Holly- 

Syd made use of all the corks Keith's collected and made him a "Cork" board.........
Justin got his new camera and passed the old to Rachel.  

Austin got almost everything he wanted as well.  Mainly Yu-gioh things............
"oh No!" - really not sure what that face was about.....LOL


A rice steamer and a 30 lb bag of rice from RAchel and Justin



A gianormous Rice Krispy Treat.  Very Happy Austin!
"mine all mine!"


Rachel and Justin gave me this scrapbook of our trips.  Here's a sampling - 


 The Cover



  The first page


 impressed with the drawing...............



Not so easy finding presents in order............

Keith tormented Trixie with a slinky around her ...
Leo- my talented Grand-cat - balanced himself on the couch............

Christmas Day Syd made a jelly roll quilt from "Rebecca" fabric........




Keith made onion soup and the girls were very busy picking all the cheese off there bowls. I couldn't resist the picture. 



Christmas Day was Prime Rib; Ham, mashed potatoes, Sunshin Cake (aka Pig Pickin' cake), cannolis, See's Candy, and more. 

Last night Quinn and Adele came to have their Christmas with us.  

Adele made me these beautiful cross stitch gifts..........



Justin, Rachel, Quinn, Adele and Austin played Ticket to Ride...........

(sorry no pics - Justin used his new camera and it's in NEF - a file that won't upload)



My sister Randi got me a new quilt book believe it or not I didn't have and Miss Sydney bought me a gadget to find my keys as you all know I always lose.  Mia gave me a Starbucks mug from "London" to add to my collection and Austin gave me a Starbucks gift card that says "I love you".  

All in all it was a nice and calm day.  I have some returns to do this week but I'm waiting for the calm after the storm. 

We are headed to the Biltmore to end our Holiday week.  It's a cold but beautiful time of year to go. 

Tomorrow is some cleaning and then hoping to get some stitching on my machine. 

I have a few recipes to post before the New Year. 

Ta Ta - big hugs...............

Stacey






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...