Thursday, February 19, 2015

Good Morning San Antonio!

I arrived safe and sound in San Antonio with Greg's Wral weather alert coming across my phone about the record low temps.  There was a man from Raleigh that was on both my flights and we both smiled and said "so glad we are not there". We landed in 64 degree sunshine weather.  I couldn't wait to get off the plane and into this gorgeous weather.  Not just because of the obvious but because either the girl next to me who was scared to death of flying had not taken a shower since ??????? Or the old man in front of me was flatulating severely.

Retrieved my suitcase and went to taxi station.  The cab ride was short yet a little interesting.  I do have to say he was very nice and the best taxi driver (not driving crazy) that I've ever had.  He didn't speak much English but definitely not Hispanic.  He was from Africa.  The entertaining part was we were exiting the highway and a siren came from behind...after the AMBULANCE passed he wiped his brow with a huge sigh of relief.  Not sure what that was about but I also didn't want to know. He got me where I needed to go safely.

I still haven't seen Marilyn,but I will today.  I came in a day earlier than planned.  Yesterday was her birthday and her and kids had plans.  We did talk of course and I also got to visit with my friend Cheryl in Florida and some other friends I hadn't had time to catch up with.  Stitched, watched tv and just had me time.

I know some of you have heard me say when God winks...it's actually a great book.  My cousin's wife gave it to me years ago.  Austin has never driven in snow....when I called Keith to tell him I was at hotel and safe and sound he said Austin had a dead battery and it was snowing.  I then texted Austin and quoted when God winks.  I called him after and asked him if he remembered the many times I've expressed that and did he know what I meant.  He said yes, it was a wink that his battery died because it was safer for him not to,drive.

I called Marilyn this morning and she said she was like a kid waiting for Santa.....she couldn't sleep all night waiting for Santa.  So I'm sure we will be napping once the adrenalin wears off.

thank you Lynn and Mary Jane for the suggestions of places to go to eat and shop.  I will keep y'all posted on our adventures.


keep warm in the cold and be safe.  One of our pet sitters wrecked her car in a bad ice accident yesterday.  Everyone was ok but reminder to take caution.

I just spoke to Keith, the Doctor gave him 6 more weeks of PT and no lifting more than 5 lbs for at least that long.  He took it better than I thought but I'm sure my dear hubby is walking a fine line.  

Tata for now

Hugs

Stacey

1 comment:

  1. Freezing our butts of in North Cackalacky ! Have fun with Marilyn and enjoy the warm weather!

    ReplyDelete

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...