Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday - It's already February

Good morning!  Well it's already February and it appears that we have six more weeks of Winter.  It's been cold and wet here but y'all that live North I'm sure that is not making you very happy.

Punxsutawney Phil sees shadow, predicts six more weeks of winter

Then there's Sir Walter Raleigh in our area who claims Spring is coming Early.  So we'll see.  I'm sure Sir Walter Raleigh hasn't seen his shadow because ummmmmmmmmm it's cloudy today?


my son Austin has become very intrigued by the little fellas.  He has two groundhogs that play outside his apartment window (except in Winter).  

He said there's actually 2 that come out and play  

Pet's I DONT have to take care of !

Speaking of low maintenance pets, my friend Nancy and her husband have had a new Pet Mouse living in their garage.  His name is Homer.   Her husband went in the garage one night and found the bird seed on the floor.  Then looked into the bucket near the food and found a little mouse.  The poor thing got in but couldn't get out.  So he took him out to their backyard shed and let him free.  Homer scurried under the building.  Well that night Nancy went out to take some trash out in the garage and there was Homer back in the bucket.  Her and her husband decided the little guy was too cold and gave him water and some food.  Well the next morning Nancy went to give him some wool to get warm in, but the little guy was stiff as a board.  When she got to stitching she told us the story and called her husband who was golfing to let  him know that Homer was no more.  Being the smarty pants I am I said "woudn't that be something if you got home and he really wasn't dead".  Well we finished our stitching and all left.  About 30 minutes later I get a text that Homer is still alive.  I started laughing.  I had some errands to run but called Nancy later that afternoon and she said Homer decided to bring a friend.  I told her I hope it's not a girlfriend.  I then told her to watch the movie MOUSE HUNT with Nathan Lane  She told me they were cozy in their wool and they were going to have to let them free again.  I have not heard any updates but will update you all when I find out what ever came of Homer and his friend.  

She was so funny - her and her husband are retired for the last 10 years.  Nancy texted me " Kinda the ideal pet..Don't have to walk him, cheap to feed, and no vet bills plus no hair to vacuum"  that was Thursday - On Friday "uh oh he brought home a friend"  ..."Maybe Homer is having an illicit affair".  later that night "....they seem pretty close - think we have problem"
"...may have to take them to Apex" (that's where we live). Then she wrote "...having to air they are providing a ittle entertainment.  Which make us realize that it doesn't take much to entertain old folks!!! But think the fun will have to come to an end soon or we will have bigger problem."

The story of Homer to be continued...................

******************************************************************************

Movie Monday:

Keith and I watched a couple of really good movies over the last couple of weeks  

1.  The Equalizer
Another great Denzel Washington Movie.  
A little gory at times but if I could get through it anyone can. 

2.  An Unfinished Life 
     

We found this on Netflix.  Apparently this was from 2005 - never heard of it.  
Starring Jennifer Lopez, Morgan Freeman, Robert Redford and Josh Lucas. 
A great feel good movie. 

3.  Barefoot


Little Comedy - Some Drama.  
Thought it to be a pretty good movie and Keith enjoyed as well. 

****************************************************

Now I'm working on playing catch up on unfinished projects.........

As most of you know I am truly 

"The Queen of Unfinished Projects"

I have started and "yes" fnished a couple of NEW things and I am working on finishing some old projects.  I'm going to make Fridays (or Saturday - depending on my week) a day for posting a finished project.  That might help me be accountable. 

Here's my latest accomplishments. 




the last two I'm going to finish off with stuffing and backing.  

I'll show you on Friday/Saturday.

************************************************************************
I'm looking forward to my visit to see Marilyn in San Antonio on the 18th.  I've had a cold that my husband so dearly shared with me - but better now than then.  We are hoping to finish a project we started together here.  - I will update you all on the return. 

*************************************************************************
FYI (for you information) - here are a couple of new phone or tablet apps you may want to check into - they are free and very useful.

click here for the link to download and to get more info..

I have used it mainly for recipes in magazines.  It does not work in all magazines but many.  So next time you want to rip an article or recipe from a magazine in the doctors office (you know we all have wanted to or done it) you can just open app focus on picture and it uploads it all.  It's pretty cool.  Then you have the recipe to take to grocery store. Not forgetting to bring list of what you need. I've used it in all people magazine and cooking light but it works in many more.  Definately worth trying. 

The other is an app called "Nextdoor" - it keeps you up to date with things going on from your neighbors within your neighborhood.  We unforntunately had an armed robbery last week in our neighborhood..on OUR street.  Knew nothing about it.  No one was hurt THANK GOD, but after speaking to my neighbor she shared this app to get more info and keep up to date with whats happening. 

click here  to find out more. 

well of to get some of life's obligations done.  I hope Sir Walter Raleigh is correct and Spring is right around the corner 

A quick shout out to Lisa and Nick Bongean and their new store in California that opened today.  
She's also running an inventory sale you won't want to miss starting today. 


hugs to y'all

Stacey








1 comment:

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...