Thursday, May 28, 2015

Betty Crocker Day

Went to stitching group this morning - left without my stitching but had a great time visiting with my group.  Half the time we talk the whole time anyway.

When I got home I had a quick bite and then started my cooking -

I made homemade ricotta cheese (tastes so much better than store bought!)


Then  I made this lemon blueberry ricotta cake they had at the farm.........


I made 6 muffins and one pan

I made two loaves of french bread


I used the whey from the cheese in the bread.  It's loaded with protein.

I made a salad with arugula, spring mix and baby spinach mixed with sugar peas, beets and tomatoes. With the homemade ricotta on the side.  (thanks Aunt Irene for showing me how to make it)

Then chicken with Swiss Chard (didn't know about that until I ate it on the farm from Sarah's Greenhouse- Cold Moon Farm) made with Kale which Justin made while we were there and I got the idea from him to make this wonderful dish.  


I then made some raviolis to go with that I bought just had to boil; from Harris Teeter......
Goat Cheese with Basil. 

Then I had a watermelon that was either going in garbage or needed to make something so 
what better than Watermelon Ice Cream- I would say it's a cross between a sorbet and ice cream.  Very very yummmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Then I made Baked Ziti 


After clean up - I watch the movie Selma 

A movie based on a true story 

I thought well written and worth seeing. 

Good cast.  

**********************************************
Tomorrow hoping for a win by the Rangers.  Hubby has been pretty good about tolerating the game watching.  :) 

Night for now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...