Saturday, May 16, 2015

Time is just flying....................

Wow - where has time flown this year?  It's already the middle of May.  Other than a few days the weather has been amazing but unfortunately not for long.  The nice thing about NC is by the time we get tired of one season it's time for another.  Summer is my least favorite season so I have enjoyed the beautiful weather.  I am getting ready to leave for Vermont Monday so one more week at least of this amazing weather.


I love being at the farm.  It's so peaceful and theraputic.  I can't wait to spend time with my aunt and uncle and this time of year the babies are born.  The pigs are already born but the goats are due this week.  Keith, Austin, Mia, Justin and Rachel will be joining us Thursday to Sunday.  Stay tuned on here for updates throughout the week. 

I've been watching the grand-dog, Holly and the grand-cat Leo  Holly has gone running with our dog walker every morning and Leo enjoys his time without her while she's gone.  The funny thing is Holly is petrified of Garfield.  Yes, the big fat white/orange cat.  




Holly and Piper have become buddies.

I picked our first batch of strawberries for the year.  



I did a little research and the best time of the year is June for picking.  
So hopefully the cooler weather we've had will bring a great batch in June.  Unless the birds and bunnies get them first.  "supposedly cobs from corn soaked in vinegar and/or used - i know gross- cat litter put around the perimeter will keep them away."

I finished a project a wool project I started a year ago in one of Sharon Stewart's class (Liberty Rose Designs).  

 and now working of course on multiple new and old projects- I will post upon completion.  

I NEED to get some bindings done.  Anyone know a binding fairy?  Marilyn?  

Mother's day was very nice this year.  Rachel and Justin gave me beautiful quilt hangers I didn't know they bought in Asheville when we went in January.  They're hand crafted. 



Keith bought me beautiful flowers.  



and Austin sent me a "sticker" on Facebook- so cute......


They were all very thoughtful and priceless.  The thoughts behind a gift mean more to me then just getting something because they have to 

We went to late lunch with Rachel's parents at a place called "Piebirds"  They serve PIES.  


I had soup and salad with a taste of "crack" pie for dessert. 

Keith made a wonderful fish and rice diner and we watched a great movie - based on a true story available on Amazon Prime -

Still Mine 


warning- will need tissues

Speaking of movies - on June 21 my cousin will be in an HBO show "Ballers"



I enjoyed all the season finales this week and now would love some names of shows to watch not listed below that I might be able to watch on Prime or Netflix over the summer?  There were a few of you that also mentioned some shows on Acorn TV. 
The shows I watched already and enjoyed:
Scandal
Allegiance (hope it comes back)
How to get away with murder
Blacklist
Mysteries of Laura
Law and Order SVU
Secrets and Lies 
Revenge (Over- but great end)
Madame Secretary
State of Affairs 
                                                              - does anyone know if it's coming back and when?
 Blue Blood
Big  Bang Theory
Mike and Molly
Mom

I've seen the Good Wife through season 5 on Amazon Prime but they are not showing season 6 free yet  so I'm waiting on that one. So, please share your favorites..I like to watch tv in my sewing room while organizing or stitching.

Well that's it for now- all the pups are asleep having a nap so I'm going to venture out and run a few errands.  Stay tuned for updates from the farm. 

Hugs for now

Stacey















No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...