Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thursday - Wow this weeks flying! :(

It's 11:20 pm - just now getting a moment to blog.................

The rest of the Larson gang and their girlfriends arrived safe and sound in Hartford late last night and at the farm around 1:30pm today.  Once settled in we all left for town to a huge used book store.  Everyone found some treasures with the exception of Austin and Keith.  We grabbed some coffee at the local bookstore coffee shop - and I have to admit the coffee was amazing.  They had a sign that the closest Starbucks was 48.7 miles away.  It was cute and I have to admit.  Their coffee definitely surpassed my expectations.  From there we headed to the antique shop.  I went yesterday but had no time to post my treasures - this is what I found yesterday on my excursion-




some wood bowls and a shaker box


this was also a picture from yesterday of my Aunt feeding Chaia. 

Today Mia got a turn feeding her ....

 



even Austin enjoyed his time with her




I took some pictures of the raised beds




the veranda of the back


a comfy chair to sit out front on




This evening we came back and Mia and Rachel milked the goats - Mia also helped Sarah their "farm girl" who I have to say is amazing.....gather the eggs and feed the other baby goats in the barn. 

My uncle smoked a turkey - my aunt made roasted potatoes I made a salad , Keith finished the turkey and made a mushroom gravy - Justin carved the turkey and everyone helped with clean up..  All in all it was a very nice dinner.  

Mia and Austin even made smores after dinner.  

Everyone is passed out and we are off to bed to get some rest for our venture 

Tomorrow to the Vermont Country Store - 

Here's another video to enjoy and I'll hope to post more tomorrow. 

til then - GOODNIGHT!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...