Sunday, March 15, 2015

Happy Birthday Party Class!

Had a fun time yesterday taking a Happy Birthday Class at Sharon Stewart's aka Liberty Rose.  There were 4 of us and it began with myself and a woman named Mary who made our 4 birthday cards..........

Sharon said she doesn't know the girl in the photo she just "collects dead people cards"
 I told her she might be alive so it's just an oldie card. 




It was great fun.............

Next we went to the station to make a Binder Book to hold the cards. It also has a date sheet for each month to list all the birthdays for that month.  Something I really really need. Many of you that read this know me well.......................................

The front cover........


inside 

inside back cover
Then we made a bird birthday towel which I only had time to color and trace onto towel.  Now I have to get the embroidery done. 


and last but not least was the wool birthday mat.  The one with the black background is Sharon's version and the one not finished completely but "Happy Birthday" set differently was a lady named Becky in the class.  We all agreed that the way she set her letters made more sense.  

in Sharon's defense - I think the thought was that it could be read on either side of someone around the mat.......but here's Becky's version.........


then we received a good bag with party favors - this recipe card for Chocolate cake...





 Sharon with the Birthday Hat.......




We all tried to vacate without pics but Sharon was persistent and I almost made it to the car when she came running out of the house with hat and camera.  I just couldn't say no.  I hate taking pics. 

All in all it was a fun day and I love the things we did. 

Today had a nice morning surprise visit with my future Daughter in Law - Rachel who went to duck donuts on her way.  She brought our grand-dog Holly with and we had a visit while we made Hamentashen.  (It's a Jewish cookie known for Purim - which was about 2 weeks ago but I'm never on time.)  After she left I met up with some stitching friends and Adele (my other daughter from another mother) and we went to Sassy Jacks for a first time visit for them.  We all enjoyed our shopping time.  Thanks Kim for all the treasures. 

You can follow her on Facebook under Sassy Jacks Stitchery or her website 


Now off to get some cleaning done and then try to finish my quilt - it's a King Size for our bed.  Imagine that - I made something for us!!! LOL

Next in line this week is some Mug Rugs for raising money for Savannah's COTA fundraiser.  So check back I'll be posting as I get them done. 

Hugs to all.........Enjoy this beautiful weather!!!

Stacey





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...