Wednesday, March 25, 2015

So much to say ..........Grab a drink of choice and take it all in.

So it's officially Spring according to the calendar but our weather has been as typical for March in NC ........ a roller coaster.  70's then 30's.  Trees blooming and pollen starting.  But NO ICE.!!! :)

I wanted to share the recipe for the Strawberry muffins.  Apparently they were a hit.  I quickly found them all homes and they were enjoyed by all.



Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins
Prep time: 10 min.    Cook Time: 20 min.    Total Time:  30 min.

Serves (yields) 18 muffins

Ingredients:

Muffins:
  • 1/4 c butter softened 
  • 3/4 c white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1 1/2 c fresh strawberries (chopped)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract 
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
Crumble:
  • 1/4 butter (COLD)
  • 1/2 c flour
  • 1/4 c packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 c white sugar
Instructions - 

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
  2. Line muffin pan
  3. Cream Butter and sugar in a mixing bowl 
  4. Beat in egg and vanilla
  5. In a seperate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. 
  6. Slowly add milk and flour mixture alternating the two until combined. 
  7. Add about 2 tbsp. of batter to each muffin cup 
  8. Top with chopped strawberries to almost the top of muffin tin
  9. In a mixing bowl beat crumble ingredients until it looks like a bowl of crumbs. 
  10. Springkle crumble all ovver the strawberries. 
  11. Reduce oven heat to 350 degree Farenheit
  12. Bake muffins 18 - 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 
Note: best consumed withi 2 days.  I let them cool and then refrigerated.. 

*************************************************************************************************
So here's a funny story.........I will probably catch crap for this but I just can't help myself.  

So, Keith (my husband) and Justin (my son) went on a mini vacation about a month ago. Well the family member they visited was leaving his home for a while to return to his primary home in Florida and didn't want to leave food behind.  So..............he froze A LOT of his foods that were perishable and put them in his suitcases.  However, his flight was delayed and to be honest I don't know what ever happened to the load he took home and I don't think I want to know. Yes, there's more to this story - of course.  Well, my son Justin brought home what he said was Pepperoni from his visit.  Not one but 2 full "logs" of it.  I don't know what else to call it - I will soon post a picture because - yup here comes the kicker.  Well Justin left the Pepperoni when he went back to his home in Greensboro and my husband did not want to throw it away.  Now take a moment to close your eyes and embrace the smell that comes from those so called "hillshire farms" sausages they sell in the mall every year.  Yeah.  You know what I'm talking about.  The cheese, sausage in a box that you wonder what it's made of because it sits unrefrigerated.  Ok. so now you have the virtual smell.  yup GROSS! .  Well it sat in Fridge until about 3 days ago when Keith decided he'd try to dry it out and put it out on a plate with a napkin tilting it on one side.  I said it has to hang if you want to try that.  So being supportive of what he wanted to do I thought ok, I will hang in kitchen off cabinet but if it's not done by the time Kelly comes to clean on the 30th it's out of here. (hoping the cat would steal it in the mean time) - So this was the vision 


it smelled as gross as it looks.  Did NOT smell like Pepperoni, and Did NOT smell like salami.  Everytime I had to go get a plate or napkin I had the Eau de Yuck!

Well I knew if I made a big deal about getting rid of it he'd keep it to prove it would dry out and Keith if you're reading this you know that's true. So I just let it be.  Well last night I guess Keith too had enough of the Eau de Yuck and said - "this isn't working" and tossed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is when I mentally did the happy dance.  

Even Piper couldn't stand it .....................


really she was just sleeping with her nose in the couch.

she gets herself in the strangest places to sleep. 

***************************************************************************

Now for those that don't go on Facebook here are a few posts thought worth putting here.........

Really Cute Video about kids seeing their shadow for the first time........



Y'all know Keith will totally do this!

Then Leo - my grandcat decided to have a loveabe moment...literally he was like this and then 

within less than a minute he was ...............




Now a note to those that have not been able to comment since I changed my blog.............

if you have a google account you're good to go. If not I'm working on finding out what the issue is.  If someone is not a gmail, or google user and can comment please let me know how you complete the process. 

Thanks
Stacey




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...