Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 1 - Venice Arrival

We arrived this afternoon in Venice via Water Taxi to our hotel in Venice.  The Hilton Morton Stuckey.  



One of the hardest parts of traveling abroad is the long time it takes to get where you're going.  
However, we did have business class from Toronto to Frankfurt. Justin would be proud I had Thai Curry Chicken.  It was actually good. My husband and I had zero time to even communicate.  The way our seats were situated we couldn't see or talk to each other without making a complete turn around.  After placing my magazines accidentally down the area where the food tray was housed, the rest of the trip was uneventful.  We were able to  watch movies and tv.  I worked on my wool mat from Sharon's class.  I had to remove some loose pieces.  But I I think I made pretty good headway  Maybe I'll even finish it. Most of the wagon minus wheels are now stitched, flowers, stems and pots. And my little bumble bees.  



We almost missed our flight in Frankfurt.  We were in same Terminal but it took about 30 - 45 minutes just to get from one gate to another because they were far away from each other and we didn't realize we had to go through customs AND security.  But we made the flight safe and sound and we have ALL our bags.  Yay!!!!  Thanks to Justin for the heads up to make sure the bags were noted to go straight through to our destination.  


Once in Venice, our driver was not there but that was fixed by the hotel.  The pier for the water taxi was  not far away but we had way to much baggage.  




It was rather interesting and a nice ride to take the water taxi to the hotel.  We literally road in the little boat like a taxi to the hotel.    We passed construction crew with the tools, ladder, etc... Keith and I got a great laugh from that.  Our guys think they have it rough.  Really?

 

Now trying to stay awake is tough.  But I'm trying to push another couple of hours.  Then just when we get our body in sync it's time to go home.  So I think tonight will be eating in hotel tonight.



To be updated tomorrow - 

Stacey  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...