Thursday, October 23, 2014

I'm still Alive........Day 6

So, it's been busy and crazy.  We are currently at see when we were supposed to be in another part of Greece due to bad weather.  We had rough seas last night and bad weather.  It was actually pretty cool to leave our curtains drawn and watch the lightening while we lay in bed.

So now we are headed for Split, Croatia.  We had a fairly decent day in Kotor with the exception of the food.  Athens was great.  I think so far that is my favorite.  We went to the Acropolis where Justin, Quinn and Keith climbed the Fort (i think that's what it was) and while they were gone for 2 hours I went to a jewelry workshop.  *****Captain just chimed in that sees are 12'***** .  I'm good as long as no one around me gets sick! So anyway, they were so nice at the shop.  I bought a few things and then they had a cove where I sat and awaited the guys.  The owner was so funny.  A woman straight from "my big fat Greek wedding"  They gave me coffee and she was so astonished by my embroidery project I was working on.  You would have thought I pulled out a work of ART.  LOL..........she called the other ladies over to show them as well.  Then I showed them how to "do it".  The guys then showed up and we went back on the bus to the city area and Justin took us a little back to another area where it was still around where everyone was but not immediately off the bus.  We had an amazing lunch.  Spanikopita (phyllo with spinach and cheese), tsatyky (cucumber yogurt dip); olives with pita; Justin and Quinn order Octopus in Vinegar and hold onto your seats.....I actually tasted a very tiny bite.  It truly was tasteless but definitely not anything I'd eat again.  The waiter suggested this Phyllo encrusted Feta with Sesame seeds and honey and that was AMAZING!!!

Yesterday we were in Mykonos and a couple of hours were plenty .  Lots of white buildings- a maze (truly a maze) of shops.  This island was full of stray cats.  We came across an amazing bakery where Quinn got mincemeat pies; and we bought baklava which we've not indulged in yet.   Justin was feeling too good so he stayed on board and joined us when we returned.

We then had dinner at the Chef's table onboard last night.  It is a separate dining experience where it is 5 courses with wine pairing and the chef comes out between each and explains his plate that he created.  We met a newlywed couple from San Antonio that both work for H.E.B. grocery store.  One in construction the the in Statistics Analyzing. Then there was another family from Minnesota.  They were rather interesting.  I'll leave it at that.  The son was very nice and so was the Dad.  The mom seemed a little out there.  But, Whatever.  The Attendant that took care of us was from Romania and we had a very nice conversation with him after the dinner.  He is actually an Archeologist who due to where he lives cannot do what he went to school for.  He has a wife and 5 year old who he sees only 2 months out of the year.  He said he does get to Skype with her though.  We then met a man who I believe runs the dining room.  He gave us some information on a home in Mexico that is "Paradise" that he owns and is not well known.  No crime, no drugs, just pure paradise.  He invited us and gave us his information to contact him to go there if we choose.  So after I research it I will let you know.

Here are all the pictures to date that I can load.  We will be in Split hopefully tomorrow, so I don't know that I will be able to update anymore before we depart.

It's been a great adventure but I'm ready to come home.  Miss everyone.

Big HUGS from the seas of the Mediterranean -

Phyllo with Feta Cheese, Honey and Sesame Seeds
or as Justin and Quinn call the Greek PopTart

Spanikopita 

Add caption

Pita

Octopus

Greek Stadium in Athens of Olympics


Train and Cars on Same Road

View from the ship of Kotor

Justin's Chocolate Souffle at dinner

Streets of Athens

streets of Athens

Tile in work in Jewelry Workshop where I sat 

Athens



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're all having an amazing time. 12 foot seas!??? You would've just had to throw me overboard-that's why I don't CRUISE!!!!
    Glad you're enjoying yourselves. I spoke with Austin for a bit on Tuesday-seemed to be doing good. xoxoxoxo Aunt Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...