Monday, October 6, 2014

Good Morning Fall!

What an amazing weekend.  The weather could not have been more beautiful here in the Carolinas.  I spent Saturday with my good friend Nancy in Cameron at an Antique Festival.  Unfortunately there were more Shabby Chic items and commercial booths but the weather was great.  I introduced her to Mrs. Lacey's tea room in Sanford and did a little antiquing in Sanford as well.  Overall, good weather, good food, good friend and good finds.

Here's a couple of the finds I purchased................

My $10 granny cart.  Worked great for purchases along the way through Carmeron.  
Thought Keith was going to split his side laughing when I toted the groceries in with it. But I told him it did the job and that it would come in handy for Austin to tote groceries from the parking deck.  He said there is NO WAY Austin would use it.  But we'll see.....................................................


Found this quilt - hand stitched and hand pieced.  Was a little damp/cold but a bath will fix her right up.  $20.


An old wood cash register drawer great for all my sewing incidentals. 


A seed sack.  Not sure what I'm going to do with this.  Thinking a cross over bag. 


The books on the left are a surprise gift for Hubby.  They are books about electrical stuff from many years ago.  The mouse with the pumpkin, (see close up below); an old wool sheep on wheels, and some pink glass - a juicer; and a measuring cup. 

Mouse is very cute. :)


Then these were some things I never posted from Not So Forgotten Farms a few weeks back.......................Friends Pat, Tricia and Bonnie and I took a long road trip to the event.




My carrot pumpkins on a log with black crows. 


Mice on the moon 
below it a black cat pin cushion


Pat set in her seat with her pillow for the trek home. 


Having fun.  

I haven't forgotten about recipes.  Sorry for being behind.  See next post.  This is a great soup recipe and if you follow to the "T" you'll be successful.  ENJOY!

Off to catch up on Revenge!  LOVE IT!!!!






1 comment:

  1. Waiting patiently for the soup recipe! You will be able to start your own "antique" and "fabric" store pretty soon!! :) AK

    ReplyDelete

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...