Monday, October 20, 2014

Day 3 - Corfu, Greece

So apparently my phone is a day behind on posting pictures.  I guess it's on US time.  So I'm going to post how things are and then send pics tomorrow.

We arrived in Corfu, Greece today and again a beautiful vision.  The city was very old and very busy but very clean.  As in Kotor with their Cats all around, Corfu had dogs on the run.  They were very well behaved and ran through the cobblestone roads into the parks to play.  It was very very cute.

The guys climbed the Old Fort as I sat and rested in the well shaded park stitching.  The weather once again truly amazing.

I stopped at a couple of shops (I know shocking) and inquired about a scarf.  I inquired if locally made.  The lady didn't say no she said it was (used a word I don't recall) and implied it was.  I looked further for tag and yes folks..........MADE IN CHINA.

We ate lunch at a place off the beaten path but didn't have a so great experience.  The Tzatziki (yogurt cucumber dip) was great and so was the feta and pita bread,  but the Waiter/ Matre'd pulled a fast one.  Quinn had the right idea to leave but we chose to stay.  He said $17 but neglected to say the "Mezzanine" was $17 per person.  Needless to say it was a very expensive lunch.  (by the way that was in eros not us dollars)

We then stopped at a Baklava cart where I got Baklava.  I like the stuff in the US better.  Authentic or not - didn't like it.

Now taking a little down time on the ship before getting ready for the group cocktail hour and dinner. It's formal night so I'll try to get a pic of me/keith and Quinn/Justin.

TaTa..............hugs from the Mediterranean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...