Sunday, October 12, 2014

Tricia's Birthday Adventure!

An adventure it was.................we went to a great shop in Raeford - "Just Country".  I found an amazing antique wooden shoe box.





A Pumpkin Gourd, Some great candles (love this brand); a special "gag" gift for my husband Keith for his birthday today, an old wood church chair with the place behind the chair for books,some faux flowers, a cute primitive cat; and our friend Pat found me the best sign ever - "whatever".  I can't say it (per dh - dear husband) but I can post and point!. "just sayin'"..............................





We loaded all our treasures and headed off to lunch in Southern Pines but not before Tricia's radar found an amazing Estate Sale.  There I found an old war book from 1941 for Austin, a cloth measuring tape, and an OLD Crazy quilt............That was my favorite.
$40................-total steel.  These are treasures she bought for $5..........


Beautiful crazy quilting- various types of fabric and wool.

Note the initials of the person who created the quilt as well as the beautiful
embroidery stitching. 




Gray square is wool.



Pat's treasures all for $5 



We finally left our side stop and then we headed to lunch.  We went to Betsy's Crepes where I had an amazing salad with various apples, dried fruit, goat cheese and an apple vinegarette.  The ladies enjoyed some Crepe Panini's and dessert crepes.  Tricia got a beautiful cross stitch in a frame from Pat with pumpkins







 -and a cross stitch "autumn" pillow from Bonnie.




I admire their work sooooooooooo much.  I've been trying to finish my little cross stitch for 2 years.

Then we went on to "unroll" two boxes for Tricia from Sharon and I. The boxes were full of toilet paper rolls.  Some with sayings - some with fun suprises.  There were also beautiful choir boys and girls Sharon special ordered for her.  Lot's of poo pouri and Potty Mouth spray by Poo Pouri.  Lot's of laughter and tears from laughing so hard. There was even the $1.00 crocheted doll with a bowl that I think is somehow related to the Halloween "Chucky" that we had on top of the box.  But the finale was this quilt we made resembling toilet paper rolls.





1 comment:

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...