Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday Monday

Happy Monday -no I'm not sitting with bluebirds on my shoulder I'm sitting and typing on "My Place and Time" which makes me happy.  It's also my way of doing what I do best and that is to procrastinate doing what I should be doing. LOL.  I had a very productive weekend.  Which is why I didn't post.  So grab a cup of tea, a cup of coffee or just a chair - this one is a bit winded............

I showed you on previous post the quilt backing.  I will update when quilted. I'm hoping Cathy Kirk - aka the Quilting Cowgirl can do something word related.  

Austin and Mia came for dinner.  Keith is so funny.  He loves to cook and presentation is so important.  We set the two of them a small table and for dinner they had Turkey; Smashed Potatoes, gravy, Yams, biscuits, green beans and cornbread. Then Keith made them each Tiramisu with whipped cream on top a side of whipped cream and berries and a reeces Peanut Butter cup.  I would have gained 50 lbs. 

I painted a wood shelf that's really cool. Definately hand made - the pen marks where the person who made it measured where on the wood. Now waiting for teaching to finish and give it the distressed look. I bought the shelf at Goodwill for $3.25.  Here's  a picture of it in stage 1. 


Will go perfect in sewing room or maybe bathroom - can't decide.  I won an auction for the tp holder and it came over the weekend so I might want to put it in that bathroom. 


And the biggest news is ....................... Keith put the new legs on my sewing table and I've made huge progress.  If I get brave enough I will post before and after. But let me tell you - I think I have more fabric of Judie Rothermeil and Jo Morton they probably do. Some are pretty old.  But I don't think I can let them go.  It's like letting go of a Picaso painting or a beautiful piece of jewelry.  I'll work on it. Maybe...

Savannah came home and is adjusting but doing well...her dad too and Julie will definately need a girls weekend before the year is up. Boy she is amazing! They are truly a family that is amazing all the way around. 

I also wanted to share a great channel I found a couple of weeks ago.  I think it's by Lifetime.  If you have TWC in Raleigh Area its channel 124.  The name of the channel is "UP" I've watched some really great movies both Keith and I have enjoyed.  We watched one over the weekend called "Glory Road" - it had Josh Lucas and John Voight.  Trailer - Preview for Glory Road


To end this post I want you all to sing "Rain Rain Go Away Come Back Another Day...." between the rain that brings humidity and a river in my back yard.  I'm ready for sunny, cool fall days.  
And as I sign off.........I have decided Monday's with be Movie Monday;and Wednesday Recipe Day.  I'll see what I can come up with for the rest of the week. 
Don't forget the   Moda Love Blog Hop  is still going on through September 13, 2014

Keep Dry if you're in NC and have a great day!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...