Monday, September 1, 2014

The simpler things ............

I love to have that precious moment.  There's nothing that feels better to me than smiling or enjoying "that" moment where something happens, you see something or hear something that I just find precious. Here are a few things that made me feel that way this week.  I hope they make the start of your week make you giggle too.............

I made my first felted animal.  I stayed up until 2 a.m. but enjoyed every moment making this little mouse.  It started from wool roving 

from this I created this........
this little mouse has traveled with me for 4 days and just makes me giggle...he's sitting on my coffee cup lid that's how small he is.  I can see them multiplying. Here's another view......
Then I went to my stitching group at a shop in Fuquay Varina, NC and there one of the woman is learning how to foster baby animals.  She had a baby squirrel.  We saw it for the first time about 2 weeks ago and it looked like this a little non furry mouse. This week the little girl squirrel was so cute.......


How cute are these:


Reminds me of Justin (26 year old) and his friend Drew. Ninja Turtles were the thing then and apparently still are. 

The best thing of all this week is that Savannah has a new kidney and is doing great.  Her dad Kent who donated the kidney is doing great as well.  

We are making our second dinner dish from Julia Childs cookbook.  After watching Julie and Julia 

We decided to order her books and start some new recipes.  We loved the Beef Bourguignon (Beef in a red wine sauce with mushrooms) and tonight is Coq au vin (Chicken in a mushroom wine sauce).  

The movie was great if you haven't yet seen it. 

So I know I posted a lot today - I hope I can keep this up some days will be more than others.  I've enjoyed day 1 and I hope you all have too. 

:) 
Stacey






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...