Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Out like a LION - Can't wait for Fall!!!!!!!!

I don't know about anyone else but I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for Fall.  I remember during our grusome winter waiting for the thaw and all wasn't horrible until this week. The humidity and heat is overbearing.  I told my husband I don't know how he works in this. Kudos to him -there's no way I could do it.  I saw a couple running around 10 a.m. this morning with a double stroller.  Either they were from Florida or the Equator. 

So let's THINK fall. Starbucks has started their lattes; pumpkin scones and pumpkin muffins.  Keith's (my husband) favorite place, the pumpkin patch on Ten -Ten Road in Fuquay /Raleigh off 401 is full of pumpkins and all the stores are boasting with Halloween Decor and Fall/Autumn Decor.  So maybe if we think really really really hard it will blow in quickly.  

To start my recipe a week on Wednesdays, here's a Pumpkin Recipe you may enjoy. I've set up labels on the side of the Blog -you can locate it again there if you want to print or locate it later. 


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt
Cake

By Kittencalskitchen on October 01, 2003

About This Recipe

"This is a wonderful Fall cake, the taste is so yummy, super to serve for a
Thanksgiving dinner, it's a never-fail cake, always turns out high, and
mighty and very moist, if desired, you could replace the chocolate chips
with walnuts or pecans or make it with both the chocolate chips and nuts
together, anyway you choose to make it...it is a super cake recipe."

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 eggs
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon clove
1 (15 ounce) cans solid-pack pumpkin
1 cup mini chocolate chip

Directions


1. Set oven to 350 degrees rack set at second lowest position Grease and flour a Bundt pan In mixing bowl, blend sugar and oil; add eggs, beating well after each addition Combine all dry ingredients;add to egg mixture, alternately with pumpkin Add in chocolate chips Transfer to a Bundt pan; bake for 60-65 mins, or until done.




1 comment:

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...