Thursday, September 11, 2014

Good Morning from Chattanooga

I am sitting in my bed in Downton Chattanooga, TN with my dear friend Cheryl.  We are drinking amazing coffee that she made with her "Flask" and electric Tea Pot.  I have to say it is probably the best coffee I've tasted. It's really a Chemex.  It truly makes amazing coffee.  I don't know how to make it yet because I was pleasantly served in bed this morning but I plan on learning the process. Stay Tuned.  

I arrived to Atlanta Airport on time and Cheryl arrived in perfect timing.  It's amazing what people do.  I was waiting at the curb for her to pull around and it was an area for loading and unloading only.  Well there was an older couple.  The poor man I believe was the older ladies husband and looked to be in his 80's or more and was very feeble.  The wife about late 70's early 80's but more spry.  Well he was her ticket to stay curbside waiting for her family to arrive.  Even the two police officers smiled and didn't have the heart to say anything.  The poor man was sitting in the front seat and she yanked him from the seat by his shirt to get him out of the car to then post him standing at the rear of the vehicle while she loaded and unloaded the car until the family arrived.  I have to say he had no clue what was going on but apparently he had pissed her off at one point and she was now paying him back. He just stood there in what appeared to be a zombified state. 

We had a pleasant trip from Atlanta to Chattanooga and we arrived safely.  Cheryl even had an introduction to Bo Jangles.  We stopped to get some unsweet tea for the room and ended up having dinner.  She was a very happy camper.  They also had the seasoning they use that Sharon and I have been searching for.  So even Sharon was happy that we now have as she stated "imported" Bo Jangles seasoning.  Imported all the way from Chattanooga.  :)  

We unloaded the luggage and Cheryl went to park the car.  While I was waiting this lady, who was very nice but apparently very out of reality, said "I know where your going"  I looked at her and said  "huh?"  She said only quilters tote that much stuff.  (which is pretty true)  I then asked if she had been to the show.  Now mind you it just started yesterday and it's a large show - AQS (American Quilters Society) -  Well I don't know if she lost too much oxygen to her brain on her walk back but she went on to tell me that we better get to the show early tommorrow because the vendors are about sold out.  i laughed assuming she was joking but she wasn't.  I knew then this woman was apparently having a moment.  She then went on to tell me her and her friend were not able to find the TWO fabric lines they were looking for and apparently in her mind that meant EVERYTHING  was sold out at a 4 day show.  I was greatful her friend showed up shortly after and hurried her along. 

Cheryl brought me a beautiful gift that is both useful and beautiful.......

It's called a healing mug - 

you put your finger on the stone while drinking your coffee or beverage of choice to release the stresses - 

Sorry for the Gianormous Pictures but the Ipad is not being user friendly.  

Ok, so how many of you go to a hotel and they have shower caps that I know I don't use.  I know some may but I don't.  Well here's another use.  (thank you Cheryl)  Bowl Covers. No more fighting with the Saran Wrap. Who would of thought?  It was a wow moment.  So if you recieve a shower cap from me it's not a shower cap, it's a "souvenier" bowl cover.  Note they only come in clear no other colors available.  Hand wash only. 

Well it's now 11 am and we've not showered or moved other than to get coffee so I guess it's time to get moving.  I will update more -

Have a great day 

Reminders - The Moda Love Blog is still going on through the 13th of September
                     Henry Glass just started one and first giveaway is Kim Diehl Fabric 

And for those Non Quilters - Next week - all new season of shows start!!!!!

Hugs - Stacey



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...