Sunday, September 28, 2014

Good Morning - Grab a Cup of Coffee/Tea

Ok, so those of you that really know me - yes it's 6:30 a.m. and I'm up blogging.  My inner time clock is changing - not by choice - but who knows, could be a good thing.  I definately have to get some ear plugs for sleeping.  Hubby snoring, dog licking her paws, (what's up with little dogs licking?); - I think I'm going to get her a pacifier, only thing is she'll probably eat it.  Then we would be off to the vet and as most of you know we have invested SO much in our pets ('cause we love them) I don't want to intentionally cause a problem.  And bless her heart, Crystal, she's in such a deep sleep I don't know whose snoring louder her or dear hubby.

Speaking of animals............Mr. Garfield is back to having accidents.  I think it's time to take a trip to Carborro.  Banfield just doesn't seem to be cutting it, so it's time to see Dr. Anderson.  (She was our vet in Apex for years but moved 45 minutes away. - we have an agreement that when times get tough she's the big gun I call-LOVE HER!).  It's either that or I'll be inventing a kitty diaper if there's not one already out there.  UGH!....>:(  

On a more postive note I've made great headway in my sewing room.  And now that I'm UP- once I finish this I'm going to try and put more of a dent in it.  I've seperated some fabric to "Destash".  I have to say, some of it is still hard to part with.  But I'm really thinking long and hard what to keep.  Either that or I need to start an Etsy sight and start selling.  There are some "Newbies" that are looking to start a stash so they will have a great opportunity to purchase high quality fabric at a great price.  :)

I picked up two quilts last week from the Quilting Cowgirl.  Once was a race I did with Sharon from Liberty Rose Designs (click her to see her site).  We had a race one night - me on my little Janome which is like a Pinto (for those old enough to remember that car) and her on her Juki (like a Porche).  Guess who won?  I also got back my Sunbonnet Sue.  It's so darn cute.  And nope- not giving that one up.


I still have to put the finishing touch- the binding that goes 
                                        around it on (for those that don't quilt)


                                 Close up of the pattern quilted (stitching)                                 
                                           

                                                close up of fabrics


                                                        full quilt pattern

                                           
                                                  Pieced Back of "race quilt"
                                                Design Quilted

Sad to say we missed Clooney's wedding.  George and his wife got married this weekend in Venice.  We won't be there until October 15.  I guess he didn't get the memo.  I told hubby it would have been cool to be there when they got married but he did have a good point that security would be so beefed up we would never have been able to enjoy the short time there.  We are in Venice from Thurs - Sat. then onboard Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas to Greece.  

So, I know most if not all have heard the term - "Cooked your goose" wel I broke ours............


Keith found this Gourd that looked like a Goose and it fell off the table.  No you're not seeing things. It's been duct taped. Now it has a neck band.  

Well off to work in my sewing room.  But before I go I just wanted to post a beautiful picture of my niece Sydney happy and enjoying her time at UVA.  I'm so glad she's so much happier.  Syd was at NYU last year and decided to go to a more "spirited" school.  

and off course a Maxine thought for the day:


SO TRUE!!!

Have a great day.








                                           
                                           





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...