Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I'mmmmmmmmm....Backkkkkkkkkkkk! :)

Good afternoon- I'm back from Chattanooga.  I got back Saturday night and have been NON stop on the go busy since.  I truly have NO idea how I had time to work.  (I'm sure some of you are rolling your eyes).  I am not complaining it just amazes me how time gets consumed.

Sunday I took a trip with my friend Tricia and her husband John to see a piece of furniture for my sister in Virginia.  She's looking for a secretary desk and Tricia's friend had one from the 1800's.  Well, my sister chose to pass so her choice to Not buy it became my choice to do so.  Here's a  few pictures.

The front (sorry the sun is coming through the side window so effecting the picture)
crack in back but - us "older people" have lots of cracks!  LOL

with doors open.

The card that came with it from the Antique store she bought it in says - 

"Charming Country Pine/Tulip Poplar Plantation Desk, circa mid 1800's.  Blind -panelled cupboard doors conceal assorted pigeon holes, while slant-top  below contains storage compartment within and open to form writing surface.  Note heavy hand dove tailed drawer.  Plain squared legs are braced by H-stretcher near their base.  Ornamental scroll valanced apron above also reinforces piece.  Origin, Charlottesville, Va. "

A nice cleaning and it will truly be a great addition to our family of furniture.

Garfield is recovering .............


Not enjoying taking his medicines but we are getting better at accepting defeat each day.  The funny thing is he runs from Keith.  

This year is flying by!  Now to get the weather to stay as nice as it was yesterday (Monday).  In the 70's, sunshine and a breeze.  

I will probably post my Wednesday recipe tonight.  So keep an eye out for it.  

Til then.............






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahoo Fall is here!!!

Well Summer went out like a Lion!  The heat, humidity and hurricanes.  GOOD RIDDENS! Have you watched any of the new Fall shows?  My favor...